[X4U] Re:What about widgets I wanna know

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Sep 4 06:39:58 PDT 2005

On Sep 3, 2005, at 10:25 PM, x4u-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> I am running 8 dashboard widgets, with real memory allocations of
> between 2.88 and 13.05 MB. This is nowhere near the memory
> requirements of Photoshop or the other widgets mentioned. I just
> launched the Calendar widget and it is using 8.5 MB. I am running
> 10.4.2, Powerbook 1.5Ghz, 1gb RAM.
>
> Norm
> ---
> Norman A. Cohen
> nacohen at mac.com

Howdy,

I also get ~8.5MB when I open the Calendar Widget. Now leave Activity
Monitor open in the background and watch what happens when you click
on the Widget, to make it smaller/larger, a few times. I'm beginning
to think that there is a memory leak in the Dashboard code.

I have to admit that I find Ctl-Cmd-D to get a dictionary definition
in place a neater feature than Dashboard, with all its glitz.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)