[X4U] Do we need to petition Apple to fix Sherlock?

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Mon Sep 26 09:10:48 PDT 2005

On Sep 25, 2005, at 10:09 PM, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> I swear Sherlock only works for  me if each time I start it I've
> emptied the cache first.
>
> ie. removes the ~/Library/Caches/Sherlock folder.
>
> without doing that Sherlock does nothing for me.

I read somewhere that if you lock the ~/Library/Caches/Sherlock/
WebFoundation folder then Sherlock will work each time because it's
not able to write to the WebFoundation folder. The con with doing
this is that Sherlock will slow down because it won't be able to
cache anything. I've been doing this for the last month or so and it
seems to work except for the Pictures and Phone Book channels which
are always unavailable.

I don't think petitioning Apple will do any good. I've sent in
numerous feedbacks before the release of 10.4.1 and 10.4.2 and still
nothing. This has been a problem for some time now and they don't
seem to feel it's important enough to fix. They're behaving just like
a big bureaucracy.