[X4U] Why can't Windows users open my pdf files?

kobayb at juno.com kobayb at juno.com
Wed Sep 28 08:57:18 PDT 2005

The Windows recipient of your pdf should open Acrobat first then open
your pdf file, instead of simply double click your pdf file.

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:16:46 +0200 Tut <tut at mac.com> writes:
Lately, I have been getting complaints from people using Windows that my
files can’t be opened.  Most of them have been pdf files created using
the Print panel.  I tried even using Acrobat, saving as Acrobat 5 with
the same result.  Even a Word document from a Windows user to another
Windows user was not opened on that system.  Their systems claimed that
the documents were damaged beyond repair.

I am using Entourage and all my attachments are encoded for Windows
(Base64/MIME); no compression; Windows file name extensions.  I am using
an iMac G5 with Tiger 10.4.2.

Can anyone guess what is causing this?

Tut