[X4U] Wireless Hub?

Edie Marshwiggler at mac.com
Fri Sep 30 00:28:59 PDT 2005

>Gotten, the Linksys WRT-54G
>working for about 5 months, all is well,
>now part two... looking to get my boy's computer
>connected to the Linksys, its running OS 9.04
>it does have a NIC card installed.
>
>What would be the easiest way of doing this?
>that would interface with Linksys wireless well.
>

>TKS -
>Rick

Which Mac is your boy using? It makes a difference. The easiest is to connect it to the router with an ethernet cable since you already have the NIC card. Of course, running the cable through the house...

If his Mac is Airport ready, then an airport card is the easiest WiFi solution. The newer Macs take Airport Extreme, and older Macs (the slot loading G3 iMacs [which also need an adapter card] and some G4 iMacs, for instance) take the original Airport cards that aren't made anymore and fetch $100+ used on eBay :(.

Here's a great list of WiFi hardware, which OS they work with and what drivers they need. Included in the list are PCI, PCMCIA, ethernet, USB solutions.
<http://home.earthlink.net/~metaphyzx/Wireless.htm>

HTH,  ~Edie