[X4U] Mac OS X Update 10.4.6

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 3 16:46:13 PDT 2006

I was just offered the 10.4.6 Update by Software Update. I thought the
PowerPC one was pretty large at 65.8MB, but I noticed that the Intel version
is 163MB.

Also of interest are these notes:

€ If you use iSync, you should perform a full sync with your devices before
installing this update.
€ With the Mac OS X 10.4.6 system software update, PowerPC-based Macs will
restart twice, instead of once, after the initial installation

Here's the basic info:

The 10.4.6 Update is recommended for all users and includes general
operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following
applications and technologies:

- login and authentication in a variety of network environments
- file access and byte range locking with AFP file sharing
- network access when using proxy server automatic configuration files
- connecting to Cisco VPN servers using IP/Sec
- using Bluetooth wireless devices
- searching iWork '06 and Microsoft Office documents with Spotlight
- saving Word documents automatically when using a network home directory
- creating Automator workflows for iPhoto 6
- synchronizing contacts and calendars to .Mac and mobile phones
- mounting and unmounting iDisk volumes
- compatibility with third party applications and devices
- previous standalone security updates

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website:
http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n303411