[X4U] Implications of Boot Camp

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Apr 6 13:00:13 PDT 2006

Zane H. Healy said:

>Another reason for buying Windows to put on a Mac should be obvious, games.
>The downside of this, is that I expect this to pretty much kill the Mac
>games market.  Don't be surprised if in the next 6-12 months there aren't
>any new Mac games coming out.

Many high-end games require a specific video card.  Will these games run
at all on a Mac running BootCamp?  If they will, will the video
performance be insufficient for most gamers' tastes?

I've already heard from a couple of folks who have tried BootCamp, and
they say that WinXP runs surprisingly fast compared to a real Win
desktop, but I've yet to hear from anyone who has tried any high-end
games on it yet.  I'd love to hear the results of any tests.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html