[X4U] ActiveSync success with WM5 and MacBook Pro

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sun Apr 9 10:06:45 PDT 2006

I few slips along the way, but I've set up Windows XP Home on my new
MacBook. I installed the Windows firewell, and that tripped me up trying to
install and autoupdate the ePocrates medical drug database PocketPC program
- the autoupdate routine kept telling me that I had an invalid password.
That wasn't the problem. Windows Firewall was preventing me from connecting
to the ePocrates server. It was simple to create an exception in the
firewall, but not entirely intuitive.

The most important thing is that ActiveSync 4.1 and Windows Mobile 5 devices
work seamlessly for USB sync in XP Home running on the MacBook Pro under
Boot Camp.

If anyone wants, I can see how BlueTooth synchs work, but I won't be using
that myself.

Jim Robertson