[X4U] ActiveSync success with WM5 and MacBook Pro

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sun Apr 9 20:57:40 PDT 2006

On 4/9/06 12:34 PM, "Michael Elliott" <michaelelliott at mac.com> wrote:

> Could you comment on using the new Parallels virtualization software
> with XP and ePocrates?  Give it a try and let us know how it does?

I decided not to do that because the major problem with VPC and ActiveSync 4
has something to do with the way WM5 communicates through USB, and the USB
virtualization in Parallels is only USB 1.1. I'm not eager to try Parallels
at this point because having a real Windows XP box just 45 seconds away from
Mac OS, with hardware (including USB and graphics) that just works makes far
more sense to me. Later when the implementation is more complete I might
give it a try. However, I've used up a huge chunk of my 80 Gbyte drive
already...

Jim Robertson