[X4U] Firefox Bug -- Windows Freezing

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Fri Apr 28 14:13:42 PDT 2006

I haven't been able to run any of the Mozilla browsers. ??? Firefox,
Camino or Mozilla. Not only on my AI 1.67GHz Powerbook but on my two
desktop machines as well. An iMac G5 2.1 GHz (iSight) and an updated
1.2GHz Cube. All are running 10.4.6 latest Java all with current
updates. All Mac's are rock solid until I attempt to run Firefox,
Camino or Mozilla. They all crash.

Just downloaded the optimized Firefox "Deerpark" version for a "try"
on the portable. Runs all the BBC news links fine. Then crashes when
I attempt to load the IMDB link. Camino and Mozilla both crash either
on launch or when I tell them they AREN'T the default browser. I did
delete all pre-existing plist's, prefs etc. Nothing seemed to work.
Dunno.

As a footnote: Safari runs without issue as do the latest Opera and
OmniWeb browsers. Not losing any sleep over this but it is curious. I
could see an inherent problem on one machine but on three different
computers. Hmm...

Open to any and all suggestions.

Rod