[X4U] Printer Sharing. Flakey,

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Sun Apr 30 16:31:38 PDT 2006

On Apr 30, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Adrian Stubbs wrote:

> I have a G4 Sawtooth to witch is attached a Samsung Ml-1710 Laser
> printer via USB. My wife uses an iBook. We are networked wirelessly
> with a Netgear router. It's really a crap shoot as to whether or
> not she will be able to print on the Laser printer when she's
> working on her iBook. 75% of the time, or maybe more recently, she
> just can't see the printer and no amount of messing around will
> make it visible. Sometimes it is visible though even when my G4
> Sawtooth isn't logged on... but just at the login screen.

You might want to look at Printer Setup Repair: http://
www.fixamac.net/software/psr4/index.php. (Note that it's shareware.)

Also printing is presumably better in Tiger. But, I couldn't find any
information to substantiate that other than it includes it's own
printing fixing utility and GIMP-print for supporting older printers.

Phil
--
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."
-- Edward R. Murrow