[X4U] 17" Powerbook External Fan?

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Tue Aug 8 08:03:10 PDT 2006

On 8/8/06 6:41 AM, Diane Clancy wrote:

> I have bought a 17" Powerbook ... I ran into
> someone recently who said that if I don't hook up
> an external fan that draws heat out (like he did)
> then within a year my powerbook will go.
>
> He said that it was only with this laptop.  It is
> hot - but does anyone know if this is true?

I own a 17" 1GHz PowerBook. The hard disk crashed after 2.5 years, but I've
had no other problems. It's sitting right here, and it hasn't "gone"
anywhere. I don't use an external fan -- I can't even imagine what one would
look like or how you'd attach it and still have a portable computer...

I do use a Podium Pad under it when it's on my desk, but that's for
correcting the angle of the keyboard. It has no fan. My hubby uses one under
his 15" TiBook 400 -- five years old and still kicking.

:)

~Linda