[X4U] Strange Browser Behavior

Da Pen macstonelson at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 10:07:37 PDT 2006

Thank you Stephen for your reply to my question.  Is
there a good site that discusses MacOS security issues
(not too far over a novitiates' head) and provide
helpful info?  I'm quite the novice when it comes to
these kind of issues.  I get the idea from previous
readings that, really, Unix based OS should not
require too much third party security - but most of it
is built-in - i.e. your mention of the Apple firewall.
 I'll move to that, but am uncertain of what I'm to
"authorize" in order to keep my connections flowing
smoothly.  I'd like to be able to track
internet/network activity that I have not consciously
initiated - but really don't want to deal with alerts
every other minute.  Is that possible?  I am
suspicious that an iTunes update is the real culprit
behind some of the traffic on this new 548 port alert.
 But I suspect Apple is hiding that - maybe that's
unfounded.  Any way I'd like to know what program is
trying to get Apple File Sharing to open the port.
Does the Little Snitch tell me that?

Thanks much. Dave

--- Stephen Mackenzie