[X4U] Renaming Boot HD - repercussions?

Mark Des Cotes mark at astroprinting.com
Mon Aug 28 09:12:32 PDT 2006

Hi all,

We had some employee shifting here and as a result, One of our Mac's
is now assigned to a new user. Not a problem, I've created a new User
account for this person and everything is fine in that aspect. The
question is, what would happen if I renamed the Boot drive? All of
our computers have the user's name as the HD (example, my boot drive
is named 'Mark's HD'). Dan, the new user, has a computer with a HD
titled "Jen's HD" Will anything get screwed up if I rename it Dan's HD?

Mark Des Cotes
Systems Manager/Graphic Designer

Astro Printing Service (Cornwall) Ltd.
3308 Second Street East
Cornwall Ontario Canada  K6H 6J8
T (613) 932-9281 Ext 106,  F (613) 932-1052
www.astroprinting.com