[X4U] OT: Lacie 1TB RAID Ext FW Drive

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Tue Dec 5 21:07:46 PST 2006

As long as the drives are the same bus type as the existing ones it should
be possible but I'd be emailing LaCie support for confirmation before I
did anything.

Coj

Neil <Lists at mac.com>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
06/12/06 01:46 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

X4U <X4U at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
cc

Subject
[X4U] OT:  Lacie 1TB RAID Ext FW Drive

I have a Lacie 1TB RAID external FireWire drive.  It has four hard drives,
250gig each.  Would it be possible for me to swap out the drives for
larger
ones, say 750gig, to have a 3gig RAID?  Is it that simple?  The 3gig and
4gig RAID drives that I have seen are at least a few thousand dollars
each.
Thanks.