[X4U] DVD hardware test

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Dec 6 06:21:51 PST 2006

On Dec 5, 2006, at 8:50 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> Is there some soft to test the DVD writer if it's still any good or
> when something looks wrong what it might be?

Let me know if you hear anything, I have the same question. I'm
having more and more trouble with DVDs burned in my old Quicksilver
G4 not playing on anything else and data DVDs simply not mounting in
other computers. I've tried a couple different brands of media that
have always worked before so I'm really thinking its the burner. It
would be nice if there were a simple test one could do...

-Mike