[X4U] GUI scripting and PreFab 1.4.1 question

Bill White billwhite at mac.com
Fri Dec 8 08:24:25 PST 2006

On 12/7/06 6:24 PM, John F. Richardson <richards at spawar.navy.mil> wrote:

> Is PreFab UI Browser just being sold by a retailer that sells discontinued
> software?

I don't think it's discontinued, but it's certainly in software limbo. For a
small company selling only a couple products, PreFab's development time is
(and has always been) agonizingly slow.

> Is there another UI Inspector that is better than PreFab's and Apple's free
> GUI inspector?

I've used both (and prefer Apple's) and have never found anything else out
there. Both products are pretty long in the tooth at this point, but I guess
anything that helps navigate the dicey terrain of GUI scripting is a good
thing!

Bill