[X4U] OT? parallels problem

Mitchell Senft ms53 at optonline.net
Sun Dec 10 03:57:37 PST 2006

Prviously: Got MacBook with Parallels and XP pre-installed. The Mac
was configured with a user name I didn't like so, in System Prefs >
Accounts, I changed it. XP then disappeared from Parallels so I re-
installed it (as well as a couple of Win apps I had installed.

At work, we then install and configure pcAnywhere on the MacBook.
Part of this, at some point, places an icon on the right end of the
taskbar, where it shows active apps. That is, apps and applets that
are running without being opened or, IIRC, want to be open (like a
quick link to Win updates).

This was all done last Monday. Monday night, connected fine.
Subsequently, machine's turned on and off and Saturday, I tried
connecting. The little icon was gone and I couldn't connect.

As a good Mac person, I essentially have no clue what's going on.

But this is where this list may be the right place to ask the question.

I am having taskbar problems. No matter what changes I make to the
taskbar (like unlocking it), the changes never stick; they get lost
when quitting Parallels. So I am assuming that there is some sort of
problem with that app, not with XP or pcAnywhere.

If you can't be of help, a link to a list where I can get answers
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitchell