[X4U] No Sound > Solved

Vicki Allwardt vallwardt at mac.com
Wed Dec 20 10:10:50 PST 2006

Russell wrote me directly and I was able to fix it immediately.  I'm
on digest mail, so I really appreciated his help.  The Hz setting had
been increased to 91xxx.  I do have GarageBand, and will be aware of
this the next time I decide to make a new ring tone, which was kind
of fun....
Thank you Russell and Eddie.

Vicki Allwardt
vallwardt at mac.com

iTunes plays fine, but other apps will not.  Everything was fine
until yesterday.  I made some mobile phone ring tones with
XingTone5.  That also worked fine.  Today however, when clicking on a
music video, free download, or emails with sound, nothing happens.
Have tried deleting some preferences  (Windows Media Player), but
that hasn't helped either.
Suggestions please?
Thank you,

Vicki Allwardt
<mailto:vallwardt at mac.com>vallwardt at mac.com

Vicki,

If you have GarageBand, launch it and all should be well. Ohterwise
there is a longer fix using Audio Midi Setup from the Utilities Folder.
Eddie
Look in the utilities folder for Audio MIDI Setup  make sure that
audio out
put is line out and 44100 Hz as well as the input.  Some programs will
change these settings.
--
Russell