[X4U] Keyboard oddity

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 26 14:58:10 PST 2006

On 22 Dec 2006, at 22:01, Allan Rube¹ wrote:
> I have the same switch hooked up to a Mac and a PC. Every once in a
> while it
> begins switching between the computers on its own. The only thing I
> have
> figured out to do is shut both computers down, wait 4-5 minutes,
> and then
> power up.

Are you sure it's not _supposed_ to behave like this?

I sold a customer a Sweex KVM [1] this year - it is PS/2 but they
also do a USB model [2] and I would imagine this might well use a
standard chipset or otherwise be rebadged as yours.

On this KVM the manual says that double-clicking the CTRL key will
operate "screen switching" mode, but on the underside of the switch
box itself it says to use (I think) the PC's PrntScrn button. Once
this mode is activated the display switches back & forth between the
two displays, alternating every 5 seconds or so, until you press the
escape key on the keyboard (to tell the switch "this is the screen I
want to use now, thanks").

I know Macs don't have a PrntScrn button equivalent to that on PCs,
but maybe it's possible you've accidentally triggered the KVM's
screen-switching mode in some other way? Next time it misbehaves, try
escaping first!

Stroller.

[1] http://www.sweexeurope.com/product.asp?pid=459
[2] http://www.sweexeurope.com/product.asp?pid=458