[X4U] Centronics to USB cable

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Feb 3 09:48:49 PST 2006

Daly Jessup said:

>I think she said it was a 16/600, which as far as I know is the model
>I have, and it has an older ethernet port. That seems to me the way
>to go. If there's other kind of 16/600, I don't know about it.  But
>mine is a full PostScript laser printer and not a "personal laser
>printer" at all.

Right.  The 16/600 was not a "Personal LaserWriter"  It had both
LocalTalk and Ethernet connections. It would be silly to connect such a
printer to a modern Mac via a USB to Parallel adapter.  Ethernet would be
the way to go.

The 16/600, by the way, was one of the best laser printers that Apple
ever sold.  It should last forever.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html