[X4U] firewire woes

John in San Diego johnsandiego at mac.com
Sun Feb 26 16:03:07 PST 2006

Randy  - I think I heard about the admonition about not updating with
FireWire drives attached before but it never stuck between my ears.
Looking back, now - I've always had two FireWire Drives attached -
over a number of updates - without even knowing I should be having
problems (?) .... Perhaps since both of my FireWire Drives are behind
a powered modem saved me?

Just passing on a personal experience… I'll have to remember to be
more careful on future upgrades, Don't want to press my luck!

Thanks for the good advise over the years.