[X4U] Thoughts about iDVD

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Sun Jan 1 08:51:03 PST 2006

On Jan 1, 2006, at 9:02 AM, net kat wrote:

> Any consensus here about iDVD as a reliable app? I know it doesn't
> compare to Pro-level software in terms of capability and control
> over the project, but what are the thoughts about iDVD as a
> reliable app which can out put a working DVD which performs the way
> it was set up relative to errors and failures?

I've used it to make DVDs for family (slide shows, movies etc.).
Every so often I run into problems that I finally find an answer to
on the web. Very maddening in this respect. The latest was where I
couldn't burn a DVD unless I set the Encoder setting to Best
Performance (I wanted it to be Best Quality). It's still not working
in Best Quality mode and I wonder why Apple can't fix these little
annoyances after all these months.

Other than that it seems to work. I guess you get what you pay for.