[X4U] Faxing in OSX

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sun Jan 1 22:01:53 PST 2006

On 1/1/06 8:48 PM, Kevin Willis wrote:

> I have a 3 way splitter plugged into my phone jack. One line goes to
> my DSL modem, one line goes to my phone with a DSL filter on it, and
> the other one goes to the modem in my G4 also with a DSL filter on it.

Then you do have an analog line to your computer. Hmmm... For kicks, switch
the cords between your fax and your phone, and try faxing with the line you
know works on your phone, or making a call on the line that doesn't work
with the fax?

Just guessing now, as 90% of the time faxing problems are people trying to
fax from their cable modem of digital DSL connection!)