[X4U] QuickTime Codecs

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Thu Jan 5 12:24:43 PST 2006

Sorry i'm getting to this on my laptop, so this has already probably
been answered.
All of those codecs listed on that page are sort of...exotic, at
least for me.  Are you sure that this is just a "regular" video file
that you're trying to open?  Could it possibly be an AVI file from
the Windows world?  Many AVI files are playable with VLC (an
alternative media player), but many are not playable because the
needed codecs don't exist for the Mac.

Michael