[X4U] Using Dashboard with multiple monitors

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Mon Jan 9 15:49:17 PST 2006

On Jan 9, 2006, at 3:31 AM, eleventhvolume wrote:

> ... the recently purchased by Yahoo version of Apple's Widgets,
> Konfabulator, can display as desktop items rather than an overlay.
> I believe
> much of Apple's functionality are available. HTH.

Konfabulator is not a copy or version of Apple's Widgets. In fact
Konfabulator inspired Apple's Widgets. But, unlike most people think,
Apple's Widgets borrow only the idea of Konfabulator and not the
implementation. Under the hood Apple's Widgets are very different
from Konfabulator and in fact are a technically superior
implementation of the idea. (According to the articles I've read.
Sorry, I don't have references at hand, but they shouldn't be too
hard to find on the web.)

Phil