[X4U] X 10.4.2 color profiles to match this of a Canon camera

Germain M. germain_m at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 10 21:31:21 PST 2006

Hello,

I bought a digital camera, a Canon S2 IS. Exif infos indicate an
"sRVB" color space. Some friends told me I could adjust the LCD
screen of my iMac G5 to the same settings to get exact color
reproduction. I found a color profile named "sRVB" in the "Monitor"
pref pane. I use it and I saw big difference the way the LCD is now
displaying the pictures transferred from the Canon. But everything
now has a bleuish tint. The grey around windows in Mail or Safari is
rather bleuish than greyish. Is this normal? I wonder if I understand
well the principle of matching color profiles. Could this factory
installed "sRVB" profile render poorly the colors. Should I have
another color profile. Or build it? Which I don't know how t do. Do
you think Canon supply color profiles? I need hints abut this. My
universe has gone blue.

Thanks a lot for your help and hints

Germain
iMac G5 / 1.8 mhz / 768 RAM