[X4U] pdf preference in safari

Stephen Childs sechilds at lakeheadu.ca
Tue Jan 17 04:46:22 PST 2006

On 17-Jan-06, at 4:46 AM, Mitchell Senft wrote:

> Had to use Acrobat Reader recently (had something that just doesn't
> work in Preview but does in AR).
>
> Now it's made itself the app for opening pdf documents in Safari,
> but I want to use Preview for that.
>
> Had the problem before and was told the fix was to find a saved pdf
> doc, click on it, open Get Info, and choose Preview for opening all
> like this.
>
> Worked that time but tried it this time a number of times to no
> avail. Any alternatives?
>
> Thanks,
>
> 	Mitchell

I had this problem as well, and my solution was to delete the Adobe
PDF brower plug-in.  Before I did that, each time I used Acrobat I
had to go into preferences and de-select that option.

That may not be the best option (since it doesn't allow the plug-in
to be used with any other browser), but it does work.

Stephen