[X4U] Cloning HD

Richard Bullen bullen.r at comcast.net
Wed Jan 25 08:41:22 PST 2006

My new hard disk is not being recognized as a start up disk.
I cloned my hard drive data to a new internal disk using ChronoSync with
the intention of using the preferences Start Up Disk to change the start
up to the new hard disk. However, the new version does not show up in
the start up preferences pane of the original disk.
Is there a way to make my clone active so that I can make it the start
up disk or is it mandatory that I have to install the OS from the DVD,
run the updates and then transfer all the data to new disk?
Any thoughts or suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Richard Bullen.