[X4U] schedule future mail?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 27 06:45:59 PST 2006

On 27 Jan 2006, at 01:53, nk wrote:

> is there a place or setting one can use to compose an e-mail with
> mail.app, then have it actually go out at some pre-specified date
> and time?

I periodically need to do something like this, although I use it for
scheduling emails that will be repeated regularly. What I do is
compose a message a message in Mail.app, ssave it as a draft, find
the appropriate .emlx file and copy it to ~/email.txt, edit it in a
text editor to remove the "Date:" header line, then set up a cron job
to `cat ~/email.txt | sendmail -t`. I usually add a "CC:
stroller at my.isp" line so I can check it worked. This may well be too
fiddly & inconvenient for you, but it works.

Stroller.