[X4U] firefox vs safari

nk netkat at comcast.net
Sun Jan 29 10:14:01 PST 2006

Part 1 of 2

Not sure if there's a long list of features to sway you since you're
happy with the WAY Safari  is set up, which is totally valid.

For me, Firefox and Safari are roughly equivalent; many features in
common, and one has features the other doesn't. I guess I'm just
liking more and more how Firefox offers me control.

Example: Safari does offer 1-click "open in tabs." However, you're
kind of stuck if you want just one of the sites contained therein,
and you have MUCH more clicking to get just that 1 site to load in
Safari. In Firefox, if you're willing to hold down your option key as
you click, you get "Open in Tabs" for what otherwise is a pulldown
menu OF sites. So, overall, a huge boost in efficiency not just in
using Menubar bookmarks, but in setting them up FOR use.

nk