[X4U] Power Protection: UPS for a Dual G5

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Fri Jul 7 20:37:12 PDT 2006

The Belkin 1500VA - 830 Watt is what I have on my G5 Quad and can
recommend. It has an interface that shows up in your system
Preferences Energy Saver. I love it. Flawless and dead silent.

Pay no attention to those who says you need more. The Quad only needs
way less than 830 Watts to keep going. The rated amount of 1K Watt is
for a very loaded G5 with 4 cards and two SATA Drives inside not the
typical one or two card G5.

You can find it on sale at CompUSA from time to time for only $119
after $80 Rebate. List is $199

F6C1500-TW-RK is the model number CompUSA SKU number is F35434

Belkin often puts Rebates on this as well. Check the <http://
CompUSA.com> site.