[X4U] Mac mini doesn't like 20" widescreen

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Fri Jun 9 20:03:36 PDT 2006

On Jun 9, 2006, at 7:45 PM, Joe Sporleder wrote:

> Follow up on my own email. Got the "problem Mac mini" to connect to
> the Viewsonic wide screen using an Apple DVI to VGA adaptor and
> then plugging into the screen's VGA port.

Glad it runs that way but 512M is really squeezing OS X as far as RAM
is concerned. It works much better at >= 1 gig of RAM. I think I read
that the mini uses RAM instead of a graphics card's RAM, which would
make more RAM even more important. Any one else know if I'm
remembering the right thing? I think I read this in connection with a
discussion of using the Mini for computer gaming.

Fair winds and happy bytes, Dave Flory, San Jose, CA., and Flower
Mound, TX.
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>