[X4U] 3d modeler from photos

John Terranova johnte at mac.com
Mon Jun 19 13:47:11 PDT 2006

On Jun 19, 2006, at 7:40 AM, Steve Talkowski wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2006, at 1:04 AM, John Terranova wrote:
>
>> I've got a series of photographs of a model of a building.  I'd
>> like to be able to stitch them together to get a rotatable 3D
>> image.  Any suggestions for (cheap) software that can do this for
>> me?  I searched VersionTracker, but I'm not sure I'm using good
>> search terms.
>

> Hey John,
>
> If I'm to read your subject and description correctly, it sounds
> like you either want to:
>
> a) create true 3d geometry from a series of photographs, in which
> case you might want to check this out:
>
> http://www.strata.com/foto3d.asp

Yes.  This is what I'm looking for.  A program to make a QuickTime VR
object movie (not a panoramic movie).  Ok, I'm starting to learn the
terminology better.  But, at $500 Foto3D is beyond the project that
I'm working on.  I was hoping for something more consumer oriented,
not professional oriented, with a consumer price.

Thanks.

	john

Fight war, not wars.