[X4U] bluetooth phone

Simon Forster simon-lists at ldml.com
Wed Jun 28 04:43:57 PDT 2006

On 28 Jun 2006, at 08:59, Mitchell Senft wrote:

> Have a bluetooth enabled phone that is not iSync compatible. Is
> there any way to access the phone through the computer to copy
> photos off the phone? I suppose the question really is whether
> there's any work around iSync? And why doe a bluetooth-capable
> phone need o be iSync compatible?

FWIW, my Sony P900 is compatible with iSync but that doesn't help at
all with photos. The easiest route to transfer photos seems to be to
make the computer "discoverable" (System Prefs -> Bluetooth ->
Settings) and then send the photos to the computer from the mobile
phone. No doubt there's a more elegant method but I rarely use the
phone's camera so I only do this on an occasional basis.

Don't forget to turn "discoverable" off once you've finished.

HTH

Simon Forster