[X4U] Browser for ftp?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Mar 1 05:51:10 PST 2006

On 4 Feb 2006, at 11:59, Daly Jessup wrote:
> ....I forwarded port 80 on my Airport to my local IP address on my
> Mac. The dav folder comes up perfectly here on my mac, using http://
> localhost.dav
>
> But at work, if I put "http://[myhomeipaddress]/dav" into a
> browser, it fails to reach the dav folder saying something about
> the client could not connect to the remote folder.

Check that your port-forwarding is working. From home visit http://
grc.com & see what ShieldsUp! reports of port 80, or from work
`telnet myhomeipaddress 80`.

I don't think you should be connecting via a browser - I think that
browsers are generally for reading the Internet, and not designed for
upload. I take it you're using a Windows PC at work? I think that
instead you should use one of the options in Network Neighbourhood or
"My Network Places" ("add a new network place" in Windows XP?).

A *very* quick Google reveals: http://www.hss.caltech.edu/help/web/
webdav/accessing/windowsxp

Stroller.