[X4U] Hopping Mouse

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Tue Mar 7 10:20:02 PST 2006

Richard Gilmore wrote:

> I have been noticing this strange phenomenon on both my
> Tiger Macs Intel and PPC. Sometimes when I click the mouse, it will suddenly
> leap in a random direction so that my click lands somewhere else. REALLY
> annoying. But it's a non Apple Macally mouse. My Apple mouse never did this.
> I installed the Macally drivers nothing changed. It also hops a line up
> sometimes for no reason which invariably makes me click the wrong thing. But
> I don't like the one click Apple mouse nor the Mighty Mouse. So I'm not sure
> what to do. Should I be complaining to Macally?
>
> Thanx
>
> Richard

I've been complaining about this ever since I got my new MDD G4, with
it's Pro Keyboard and Pro Mouse.
I like the mouse, but hate the jumping around!
Sometimes I can move the mouse 1/8" and have the cursor jump 12" or so!
All this started with OS 9.something, so it's not OSX related in any way.

I wonder if anyone will figure out just what does it?

keith whaley