[X4U] Simple Finder in OSX?

Crandon David tabdave at comcast.net
Thu May 11 12:30:10 PDT 2006

yes, I went through this same thing as well with my 75 year old mom.
She was using as iMacDV 500 MHz with OS9. Despite several years of
instruction I could never really get her past playing Blackjack, a
little web surfing (using Netscape) and email (also with Netscape). I
was always having to "re-teach" her the same stuff.

I was real hesitant to upgrade her to OSX because it would just be
more new stuff.  But then I started getting to the point were I was
forgetting OS9 stuff while trying to walk her through things over the
phone! Also, Netscape was becoming increasingly incompatible with we
pages...So I decided to convert her to OSX.

It worked out fine. Mail is infinitely easier to use than Outlook,
and it filters out all the porno spam so she never sees it. Safari
doesn't balk at web pages she goes to either.

As far as your moms eyesight goes, OSX is definitely easier on the
eyes. Also, being an Optometrist, make sure you mom has had a recent
exam, and have the doc write a single vision Rx for about 24 inches
away, rather than using any type of multifocal lens for computer use.

david