[X4U] Does Apple make a less stiffer keyboard?

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Mon May 29 20:00:39 PDT 2006

I just read this review of the iceKey on Amazon... Having owned an
Apple IIc way back when I can certainly related to what he's saying
then.

So is it true does this keyboard feel like the old Apple IIc keyboard
did?

I bought this keyboard for my ibook to spare the built-in k/b ( and
because I simply can't type fast enough on the ibook's ). After
shopping around on Amazon it came down to this one or the Apple Pro k/
b. The cost and reviews of the icekey swayed me and I am ecstatic
about my choice.

The keys are solid and respond quickly without the normal squishy
computer keyboard feel. My fingers don't have to travel a mile and a
half to register the keystroke and I enjoy hearing the gentle click
after completing a key press.

The closest comparison to the feel to this keyboard is the keyboard
on the Apple IIc that I had so many years ago ( I am dating myself..I
realize).
I am really happy now. I can type at full speed, I have two USB ports
( just like an Apple Pro k/b) , and a full numerical keypad. I am
also thrilled that the volume control keys and eject keys work
flawlessly.

If looks concern you - this is one hot looking little number as well.