[X4U] fellow luddites?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Nov 17 08:15:45 PST 2006

At 2:06 AM -0800 11/17/06, Geoffrey Loeffler wrote:
>OS 9 is now 7 year old and still runs everything just fine, except
>the web browser maybe getting unusable due to lack of upgrades. But
>unless your high

This is why two people I support are starting to think about moving
off of Mac OS 9.  Their iBooks (IIRC, 1st and 2nd Gen) do everything
they need, except for web.

>>look at the people who stayed with OS 9 rather than moving to OS X.
>I put a partition of X from the first release just to see how it
>would go and to have some fun, I was disappointed at 10.2.8 I
>actually stopped using X for a year and went fully back to 9

I've owned *every* version of Mac OS X, however, I didn't move to Mac
OS X until 10.2.8, and except for the first couple months on 10.4
I've stayed on 10.3.9.  For me it has been a question of features,
stability, and Memory footprint.

>I am with Nick, I have no desire to run to Intel as that has it's
>problems and I think everything I have will do fine for as long as
>possible and as long as some support remains.

Oh, I definitely want to move to Intel the Core 2 Duo is a *VERY*
nice CPU, however, my Dual G5 2x2 does everything I need, and I
expect it to for the foreseeable future.  I'd like to add a good
audio interface and some good audio editing software, but other that
I'm fine.  MS Office 2004 does more than I need, and Adobe Creative
Suite Premium does what I need.

		Zane