Virtual Luddite ANNOUNCE (RE: [X4U] fellow luddites?)

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Sat Nov 18 12:52:35 PST 2006

Earle Jones wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2006, at 4:40 PM, Linda wrote:
>
>> On 11/17/06 6:13 PM, Earle Jones wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, I'm not completely a Luddite.  I also have an Intel iMac with
>>> 1GB RAM, about 750 GB of HD, System X 10.4.8 and a good fast internet
>>> connection.
>>
>> <grin> So a cool new techy computer. Are you a techy or a luddite when it
>> comes to cars? :-)
>>
>> peace,
>> Linda

> *
> Linda:  Greetings!
>
> I guess I'm a closet techie!  (I have BS and MS in Electrical Engineering!)
>
> I drive an '05 Prius -- about as techie as you can get.
>
> And I'm about to install 28 single-crystal silicon solar panels on my
> house to make my electric meter run backwards.
>
> earle
> *
>
> Remember:
>
>    "You can't spell GEEK without an EE!"

You made me laugh several times today! Thanks!

Re those single-crystal Si solar panels, how many receptors per panel?
Who makes them?

My daughter, who lives among the Northern California Redwoods, just
purchased a battery powered inverter for her house, for emergency a/c
power. She will have a 40W. and a 65W. solar panel, to recharge her
battery when not in use. Probably Si.

Anyhow, it will be enough to take the worry factor out of her frequent
Winter power outages.

I'm an M.E. and I will not address the GEEK formula with you! I'd come
off second best!  <g>

keith whaley

Whose next car will likely be a Prius!