[X4U] Parallels Desktop

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Thu Nov 30 13:09:36 PST 2006

At 10:29 AM -0800, 11/29/06, Zane H. Healy wrote:

>A. Needs to be *simple* and no possibility of confusion (yes, I know
>leaving Windows out would be best, but as you can see from the
>following that's not an option)

Not sure what type of confusion you are talking about.

>B. Geneology Software, including the possibility of having to run
>some under Virtual PC (Win95)

If you are wanting to use Virtual PC, then that has nothing to do
with either BootCamp or Parallels.

Win95 can only run under Parallels.

>C. Drive a Microfilm scanner that is "Windows Only", and later will
>likely also need to talk to a Microfiche scanner

How does the scanner connect to the computer? If it is SCSI, then
you'll need then you'll need to add that interface and it may not be
supported by either.

>D. Interface with a fancy sewing machine

Fancy sewing machines typically use some type of copy protection
dongle and you won't know if it will work till you try it (and it may
even use the serial port for the dongle.)

--

Robert Ameeti

What's another word for synonym?