[X4U] Lost Sound

Edie Marshwiggler at mac.com
Thu Oct 5 00:56:11 PDT 2006

at 7:31 PM -0400 10/3/06, T.L. Miller wrote:
> >> Does the info at this page
> >> <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300832> help you at all?
>
>On 10/3/06, at 6:55 PM, Peter petergia at cox.net said:
>
> >Tried that, but, the audio output shows "Output is not supported"
>
>Tried that to see if it helped with sound in Safari on my old iMactel
>and also got the "Output not supported." I guess I'll never solve that
>one before the unit is gone.
>

>Tom Miller

Try launching GarageBand. Open a new file maybe do one thing. I don't think you need to save the file. Test one of the apps that sound doesn't work in. Garage Band changes the setting back to what you need same as what Linda recommended. We did this a while ago when we lost sound on a G5 iMac. Maybe just launching GarageBand takes care of it.

HTH,

~Edie