[X4U] How stable is 10.4.8?

Matt Gregory vdub.grego at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 17:17:52 PDT 2006

It's probably just coincidental, but the occasional problem I have
with external firewire hard drives seems to have come up a couple of
times now in the past 3 days since I've had 10.4.8 installed.  Once
required shutting the machine down (holding the power button) because
neither Finder nor Dock would respond.  Usually I just pull the
firewire cable out or turn off the power at the external drive and
the problem goes away except I can't mount the drive again until a
reboot.  But of course I've had these problems since 10.4.? when I
bought the drives.  Just seems to have sprouted up a little more
often since 10.4.8, but I couldn't say for certain it's the fault of
10.4.8 since the problem is so sporadic anyway.

Oh yeah ... PB 15" 1.67 PPC

matt.