[X4U] Mail on another Mac

nk netkat at comcast.net
Mon Oct 16 13:57:15 PDT 2006

I'd like to use another Mac to handle mail and web stuff while I use
my "main" computers for other things.

I copied over my Mail folder from Library, and com.apple.mail.plist
over into prefs, but when I launch Mail.app on the new computer,
rather than showing me my mail and mailboxes, etc, it presents me
with a box to fill out what's your mail, is it a POP
account,etc...the same box you get the first time you ever launch
mail and have no mailboxes established!

Is there some other component I'm missing?  The  two computers do
have different versions of the OS...the originating computer is
running Tiger, and the mac I want to begin using for mail is on Panther.

any help would be appreciated!

thanks!

nk