[X4U] setting up an ftp server with tiger

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Thu Oct 26 02:35:28 PDT 2006

On 26 oct. 06, at 08:01, Randy B.Singer wrote:

> David Ledger said:
>
>> Anyone with a username and password (or who can guess one) can
>> download files from it (and upload to it).
>

> Where is the facility for setting up a guest FTP username and password
> when putting OS X into FTP server mode?

thank you, randy and david for the info.

i was aware of the password and username thing being sent out in the
clear. the data that has to be downloaded from our server is not
highly sensitve stuff.

this will be a temporary solution for the next 2-3 weeks. what are my
options for the long term in order to set up an secure(r) ftp server?

btw, the people downloading files from my ftp server are dependent on
my UPloading speed, right?

regards

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.8 ::