[X4U] Transcription, document management (part deux)

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Sep 27 20:37:13 PDT 2006

On 28 Sep 2006, at 04:02, Clinton Medbery III wrote:

> I know you want to avoid the e-mail step, but we use Olympus
> recorders that fit into a cradle and automatically download the
> files which we can attach to an e-mail in less than a minute.

If this is confidential patient data then one would really need to be
absolutely sure that the user can't send the message to the wrong
address by mistake, if going the  the email route. Have a folder
somewhere that you drop the audio file into and it is automatically
emailed to the transcriber without ANY user intervention, that would
do it. Good practice would suggest that transmission of the mail
should be encrypted, but again this is cheap & easy.

Stroller.