[X4U] Progress on 10.4 upgrade causing crashes

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Sat Apr 28 15:35:01 PDT 2007

On 28 Apr, 2007, at 11:50 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> So I pulled my data drive, and the crashes stopped.

Could it have been caused by having the same identity on both drives
or by using cable select? I always try to avoid using cable select
because I don't really trust it after seeing strange things happen
with the PC machines at work.

I ask this because I have installed multiple drives in many towers
and never had any problems with the master drive being in the lower
bracket. I do identify the drives by using Master or Slave settings,
never cable select, and have not had any problem like you describe.