[X4U] iLife '08 and iWork '08

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Aug 7 17:18:27 PDT 2007

Eugene wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 03:16:31PM CDT, Zane H. Healy <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:
> :
> : With some more digging I learned that iMovie in iLife '08 is a totally new
> : application, not an upgrade.  It replaces the old iMovie.  Apparently one of
> : their developers came back from vacation with a lot of HD footage, and
> : neither iMovie, or Final Cut would do what he wanted, so he wrote a new
> : application.
>
> How did you hear about this tidbit?  Inquiring minds want to know!

It was in Steve Jobs talk.
http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/07/live-from-apples-summer-mac-product-press-conference/

10:38AM: "Next up: iMovie. This is really interesting. Let me tell you the
story. One of our video engineers went to the Cayman Islands, shot a lot of
underwater HD, wanted to make a video for his buddies in half an hour. We
found out couldn't do it. Engineer got out Final Cut Pro. Couldn't do it.
Couldn't do great movie in 30 minutes. So he created an app that could do
it. We were so blown away that we decided to use it. We're still calling it
iMovie, but we're giving a new icon so we can show it's a whole new app. One
library for all your video."

I just realized how bad the new keyboards suck.  The upper row is shrunk,
and the wireless keyboard is missing everything to the right of the enter
key.  Looks like the worst keyboards they've done since the original iMac
Keyboard (used that one for 3 days on my G4/450 AGP till I got a AGP-to-USB
keyboard).

http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

	Zane