[X4U] Leopard Issues

Ed Graf edgraf at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 3 21:38:08 PST 2007

On Dec 3, 2007, at 6:58 PM, x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

>> It's repeatable; and happens on Safari 3.0.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.11.
>> Camino works the same way. Strangely, it also happens on an
>> old Netscape browser that had been "guessing" fine. While it
>> sounds like Verizon is behind this, my wife's PowerBook, right
>> next to me on the kitchen table, does domain-guessing like
>> Macs always did.
>

> The same thing is happening here, I'm on Charter.
> Betcha it's something to do with Leopard.

10.5.1 on Mac Mini, Safari 3.0.4, typing jr and hitting return gets an
automatic http://www.jr.com.  Typing del and hitting return gets me
the Delta Airlines website, neither of which I have visited going back
years, "Delta" I have never visited.

Perhaps Leopard is not the problem.

Notice that was using earthlink.net in Los Angeles as my ISP.
Comcast in Philadelphia are a bunch of morons and I can try the same
next week with a computer there, and likely get some ISP in Borneo.