[X4U] iMac G5 loose screen tilt hinge

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Tue Dec 18 21:38:50 PST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007, at 8:33 PM, Mark Des Cotes wrote:

> I have an iMac G5 that's really annoying me. As you know, the
> computer is made to tilt backwards and slightly forwards on it's
> pedestal base. Mine has somehow become loose so that no matter how I
> place it, the screen slowly pivots forward until it's at it's
> maximum downward angle. I'm finding that I have to readjust the
> screen tilt a few times a day. Before I attempt to take it apart to
> see what can be done about it, I thought I'd ask if anyone knows
> weather it's possible to adjust the tension on the hinge?

While I also have an iMac G5 (iSight, 20"), I have no experience with
this problem.  However, Apple Discussion has a separate section on
such iMacs with possibly thousands of owners/subscribers:
<http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=134>

You may receive more meaningful answers by posting your question there.

Fabian